Avon police have arrested and charged a Caistor Drive man after a search of his home revealed a device that resembled a pipe bomb.
“The Avon Police Department executed a search warrant this morning at the listed address in relation to an on-going investigation,” a press release on the Dec. 13 incident said, noting that the device was located during the search. “As a result of this discovery, officers cleared the residence and all neighboring houses on the street.”
The Lorain County Bomb Squad and the Avon Fire Department were notified and responded to the scene. The Bomb Squad was able to safely remove the device and brought it to an unknown location as a safety precaution.
Guy A. Hodges Jr., of 39075 Caistor Drive has been charged with illegally manufacturing or processing an explosive, a second-degree felony. The charge was unrelated to the purpose for the executed search warrant.
On Dec. 14, Hodges was in Avon Lake Municipal Court where he was bound over to the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas on the felony charge.
Police personnel expressed thanks to the departments assisting as well as residents who were evacuated.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Man OD’s on Heroin, Friends Drop Him off at Clinic: Blotters
- Discovering Childhood Joy, Meditating With Snakes, Eating Chicken Feet: Happiness Plunge Update
- 5 Avon Student-Athletes Make College Sports Committments
- Avon, Avon Lake Residents' Recycling Options Expand
- Historic Plaque Added to Lakeshore Cemetery, Burial Site of George Washington's Bodyguard