Avon / Nagel Road Intersection to Re-Open Oct. 23
Opening dependent on weather.
The city of Avon will re-open the intersection of Avon and Nagel Roads on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at approximately 9 a.m., Don Damyanic, project manager for Avon on the Nagel Road interchange, said this week.
“We will open the west end and then close the east end at the border of Westlake as it was before the project started,” Damyanic said.
For those living or doing business in the Willow Creek subdivision or on Avon Road, the following will be the sequence of events on Oct. 23:
- Signs indicating the re-opening will be posted on Avon Road at the entrance of Willow Creek 48 hours in advance. They will be posted on the large barricades indicating the current road closure and detour.
- Morning commute traffic will take place as it has with motorists using Avon Road east bound to Bradley Road.
- At 9 a.m., the barricades at the project limits on Nagel Road (1500 feet south of Avon Road) will be moved to just north of Avon Road (restricting access to the newly constructed Nagel Road bridge over I-90). Barrels on Nagel and Avon Road will guide traffic.
- Detour signs directing traffic to the eastern entrance of Avon Road (at Bradley Road in Westlake) will be removed.
- The barricades closing Avon Road at the border of Avon and Westlake will be put back into position essentially closing Avon Road as it was prior to the construction detour.
The plan is weather dependent, Damyanic said. Updates for the intersection can be found here, and check Avon-Avon Lake Patch during the weekend for updates.
Damyanic also recommended allowing for extra travel time through this area. Motorists should follow all posted signs as construction activity in this area will still be active until further notice.