Drugs, Theft and Firearms: Court Hands Out Fines and Sentences
This week's roundup of court cases heard in Avon Lake Municipal Court
Editor’s note: The Avon Lake Municipal court hears misdemeanor and traffic cases for Avon, Avon Lake and Sheffield Lake. The following dispositions are public records. Full details can be found on the Avon Lake Municipal Court website. Contact Lori.Switaj@patch.com for questions concerning "In the Courts."
- Shawn Hoover, Pinewood Drive, Sheffield Lake fined $575, 20 days in jail and license suspended for two year for operating under the vehicle.
- Christopher Long, Burrell Drive, Sheffield Village fined $150 for non-compliance.
- Joseph Stahl, Lawnview Avenue, Toledo fined $66 for tinted glass.
- Eugene Bilak, Robinwood, Sheffield Lake fined $250 for menacing and $150 for disorderly conduct.
- Victor Cabrera Zamora bound over to Lorain County Court of Common Pleas to answer to charges of felonious assault, abduction, domestic violence and felonious possession of firearms.
- Michael Dutko, Oakwood Drive, Olmsted Township bound over to Lorain County Court of Common Pleas to answer to charges of underage possession, corruption with drugs, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of drugs and driving with a suspended license.
- George Hudnutt, Gurss Road, Avon Lake fined $1,000 for physical control violation.
- Donald Longwell, South Point, Avon Lake fined $150 for possession of drugs and $30 for seat belt violation.
- Ryan Stead, Avon Belden Road, Avon Lake 30 day suspended jail sentence for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Alexis Taylor, Lake Drive, Avon sentenced to 2 days jail for petty theft.