Dryer Vent Near Roof Brings Out Fire Department
Passerby saw smoke near roof.
Avon Lake fire trucks responded to what was believed to be a possible house fire, but proved to be nothing more than a dryer vent near the home’s roof.
A passerby saw what was believed to be smoke coming from the roof of 144 South Pointe Dr. and the fire department was contacted at approximately 11:50 a.m. on May 7.
After checking the home, it was determined there was no actual smoke and no fire. Children, dogs and several adults were in the home at the time of the incident. No injuries were reported.