Great Deals on Kids’ Clothes and More Fall Fun
Fall fun and deals for the frugal. Read on.
Don't let the cold, damp weather get you down. This weekend we found some great deals and fall fun activities and plenty are free.
- ALECPTA Kids Closet Oct. 22 at Avon Lake High School, 175 Avon Belden Rd, Avon Lake. Avon Lake Early Childhood PTA's Kids Closet is one of the largest children's resale events in this area. You'll find everything from clothes to toys to baby gear to books. Admission is $5 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and $2 after 9 a.m.
- Fall Rummage Sale at Avon United Methodist Church Avon United Methodist Church, 37711 Detroit Rd, Avon, FREE. Decorative and household items, clothing, toys, tools, furniture and miscellaneous items will be for sale. A good cup of coffee, homemade soups/sandwiches/baked goods will also be available for purchase. Oct. 21 and 22 (Friday, Saturday) starts at 9 a.m. both days.
- Fall Festival and Cornhole Tournament Saturday, Oct. 22 Avon Lake Presbyterian Church, 32340 Electric Blvd, Avon Lake, 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. games for the whole family, an inflatable bounce house, face painting, pumpkin painting and crafts and even a costume contest for the kids. The Avon Lake Fire Department will bring a fire engine for the kids to see, and many other groups will be there for more fun. Food is available and admission to the event is FREE. Games and food are extremely affordable – have fun without breaking the bank. The Cornhole tournament takes place during the event and is open to all individuals in the community over the age of 13. The entry fee is $30 per team if they register before October 18, and then $40 per team up to the day of the event.
- Game Night At Clague House Museum Clague House Museum, 1371 Clague Rd, Westlake, FREE. The Westlake Historical Society is hosting an evening of fun games and pumpkin carving with a little history mixed in Oct. 21. Bring one of your favorite board games and play! Refreshments will be provided.
- Petitti's Fall Festival Petitti Garden Centers, 33777 Chester Rd., Avon, OH, FREE starting at noon on Saturday, Oct. 22. The festival features crafts, entertainment, pony rides, magic shows, a balloon artist, a costume parade and treats.