Illegal Firearms, Theft, Menacing and Disorderly Conduct: In the Courts
Sentences and fines from Avon Lake Municipal Court
Editor’s note: The Avon Lake Municipal court hears misdemeanor and traffic cases for Avon, Avon Lake and Sheffield Lake. The following dispositions are public records and do not include court costs. Full details can be found on the Avon Lake Municipal Court website. For more information on this listing, contact Lori.Switaj@patch.com.
- Demetrius White, Bentley Drive, Avon fined $350 and sentenced to 90 days prison for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle and $500 fined and 30 days in jail (to run concurrently) for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was also found guilty of reckless operation.
- Brandon Baker, Parkwood, Avon Lake fined $250 for menacing.
- Matthew Colbert, East Jaycox Road, Avon fined $250 for obstructing official business and $150 for failure to maintain reasonable control.
- Daniel Marderosian, Wendell Street, Avon fined $150 for CCW violation and $350 and license suspended for 3 months for physical control violation.
- Brian Miller, Maple Cliff, Avon Lake sentenced to 5 days jail for violating a temporary protection order and $150 for driving under suspension.
- Thomas Allen, Moon Road, Avon fined $250 for disorderly conduct.
- Samuel Getachew, Moorewood Avenue, Avon Lake fined $150 for speeding (38/20).
- Joe Hamilton III, Rosewood Boulevard, Avon sentenced for 3 days jail for petty theft.
- Penny Hanzel, 188 Forest Hill Drive, Avon Lake fined $75 for speeding (64/35).
- Mackenzie Palmer, Bayview Drive, Avon Lake fined $50 for traffic lane violation.
- Craig E. Roberson Jr., Mulberry Lane, Avon fined $20 for no child restraint, $150 for driving under suspension and $75 for assured clear distance.
- Grady Hagan, French Creek Road, Avon bound over to the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas to answer to charges of two counts of burglary, one count of theft and criminal damaging.
- Guy Hodges, Caistor Drive, Avon bound over to the Lorain County Court of Common Pleas to answer to charges of unlawful possession. A charge of possessing explosive device has been dismissed.
- Zachary Lookenott, Parkwood Avenue fined $250 for menacing.
- Chelsea Chambers, Beck Road, Avon Lake fined $100 for speeding (57/35).
- Khaled Ghafir, Fredericksberg Drive, Avon Lake fined $150 for driving on a restricted license.