Santa, Shopping and Seasonal Fun: Five Things
Here's what's going on!
- Avon City Council has a work session at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall, followed by a special meeting with an executive session to discuss personnel matters. On the agenda for the work session is a proposal by Mayor Jim Smith to reclassify the position of utilities superintendent.
- Already feeling bombarded by holiday glitz and glam? Enjoy some natural beauty at Miller Nature Preserve's Poinsettia Pandemonium. Admission to the show is included in the $2 entrance fee to the conservatory. After you check out the beautiful flowers, find a gift for the plant lover in your life in the Nature Nook Gift Shop.
- If you need a break from malls and big-box stores, go to the Folger Home in Avon Lake for the Holiday Shopping Extravaganza from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday.
- Nativity scenes come in all sorts of styles. I saw one online made out of sausages and bacon. Check out some less-weird but lovely ones at Come to The Manger on Saturday at Avon United Methodist Church.
- Kids can get another chance to make sure Santa Claus knows exactly what they want at Avon Early Childhood PTA's Breakfast With Santa on Saturday morning at Avon East Elementary School.