A Twitter Rumor, Wine Festival and New School: The Week in Review
Here are our top stories for the week.
Did you catch Avon-Avon Lake Patch every day this week? If not, you’ve missed a lot. This week brought a mixed bag of news, from a Twitter posting resulting in police action, what to do with your old mitts and a state representative questioning taxes. Here’s a roundup. To make sure you’re not missing any of your town’s timely news, sign up today for our daily newsletter.
- Twitter Rumor Leads to Police Investigation at Avon High – Social media alarms student.
- 2013 Wine Festival is Back, This Time on Saturday – It’s back for a second year.
- 45 Classrooms, 12 Labs in Proposed 160,000-sq-ft. Middle School – Check out the proposed initial floor plans for Avon’s new middle school.
- 12th-Grade Avon High School Honor Rolls – Congrats! And see the links for other grades.
- Putting a Parent in a Home,– A tough decision, get some advice
- Jump Back Ball returns to Playhouse Square's State Theatre – Not everything is in Avon and Avon Lake.
- More Tax on Haircuts, Auto Repair? –State Rep. Matt Lundy’s monthly column.
- Assault Over Teen Clothing Gets Physical - It's a clothes thing.
- Got Mitts? Donate Them - Clean out those garages and basements and donate mitts to a good cause.
- Fundraisers Kick Off Avon-Avon Lake Relay for Life Season – Eat out and everyone benefits.
- Dolores M. Cowfer: Obituary – Our condolences.