We found 7 Things in 7 Miles This Weekend
There's plenty of things to do this weekend.
With warmer weather arriving, it's time to put on your dancing shoes, running shoes or casual kicks and get out and moving. We found a host of things to do this weekend.
- Avon Lake Hockey Boosters "Night at the Races" The Hockey Boosters organization is hosting a Night at the Races on Join the Avon Lake Hockey Boosters for a "Night at the Races” on Saturday, April 28 at American Legion Post 211, 31972 Walker Rd, Avon Lake. Happy Hour is 5:30 p.m.; dinner at 6:30 p.m. and the races start at 7:30 p.m. Night includes Reverse Raffles, Heads & Tails and Share It with Shorty. Cost is $35 for happy hour and steak dinner. Contact Jill Werling Quinn 930-8188 to make reservations.
- Key Club Car Wash at Independence Village The Avon Lake Key Club, the high school service organization sponsored by the Kiwanis Club, is planning a car wash on Saturday, April 28, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Independence Village at 345 Lear Road. The purpose is to raise money for the ELIMINATE project. Please mark your calendars and show your support and drive off with a really clean car. Donations accepted!
- Love-A-Stray 5K The inaugural Love-A-Stray 5K is Sunday starting at 7:30 a.m. in Towne Center, 500 Community Dr in Avon Lake. More than a race, participants and dog lovers can come, listen to music, check out the raffle and find a dog for adoption from one of the 9 rescue centers in the area. Register online or at the event for the 5K or 1 or 3 mile dog walk.
- Ballroom Dancing at Avon Isle Go dancing Friday nights at the Avon Isle. Barb Gerhart of Dancetime Studio will teach a ballroom dance lesson from 7 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on April 27. Refreshments will be provided. Cost is $10. Avon Isle is located at 37080 Detroit Rd. in Avon.
- Homerun for the Homeless Don’t miss this 5K run and 1-mile family fun walk at the Crushers Stadium Saturday, April 28 starting at 8 a.m. The 5K kicks off at 9 a.m. and the 1-mile walk at 9:45 a.m. The event benefits the Benefits Neighborhood Alliance Haven Center. For questions, contact: Chris Aiello (phone 440-233-8768, x-6203 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Prescription Drug Turn In Got drugs? Get rid of them the safe way. Dumping in the sink or toilet just messes up the water supply. The Lorain County Sheriff's Office Drug Task Force, in partnership with the Avon Lake Police Department, will be holding a prescription turn-in day on Saturday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Avon Lake Police Department, 32855 Walker Road. No personal information will be asked. Please remove all prescription labels.
- Go Green, Recycle Your Electronics Recyling all computers, laptops, servers, battery back ups, flat screen monitors, all cables and wiring, computer accessories, cell phones on Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m. Courtesy accepting: CRT monitors, printers, small electronics. Twenty cents from each pound is donated back to GO GREEN initiative. Items accepted at 7307 Avon Belden Rd. in North Ridgeville.