William Thomas Galvin, Army Veteran
Succumbs to acute leukemia after year-long battle.
- September 17, 2012
William Thomas Galvin, 79 of Avon Lake, passed away on Sept. 12, 2012 at St. John Medical Center from acute leukemia that he battled for over one year. William was born on June 11, 1933 in Cleveland. He graduated from West Tech High School and attended Kent State University.
He was an Army Veteran and was employed and retired from Local #3 Insulators. William was a Health & Welfare Trustee and a member of Phi Sigma Kappa. He was very creative and a skilled artist.
William is survived by his wife of 35 years, Reba (nee Jones); children ThomasGalvin, Kathleen Meier, Kelly Langhals, Anne Wimmer, and Brigid Galvin; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. He is preceded in death by his parentsThomas and Laverne (nee Boehringer).
Funeral service at 10am on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at North Olmsted United Methodist Church, 4600 Dover Center Road. Inurnment at Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery, Rittman. In lieu of flowers memorials may be forwarded to the VA Medical Center, 10701 East Blvd., Cleveland, 44106.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Man OD’s on Heroin, Friends Drop Him off at Clinic: Blotters
- Two Injured in 4 Car Crash in Avon that Closed SR 83
- Discovering Childhood Joy, Meditating With Snakes, Eating Chicken Feet: Happiness Plunge Update
- Avon, Avon Lake Residents' Recycling Options Expand
- 5 Avon Student-Athletes Make College Sports Committments