Are you considering selling your home in 2013? If you are sure you are going to sell or maybe you think you just might, maybe, possibly sell here are some things you can do now to prepare that will make the process easier and less stressful.
- Pick one closet at a time - one a week or one a month - and clean it out. The more clutter you remove from your home the more spacious your
home will appear to prospective home buyers.
- Look through your kitchen cupboards, are there things in there you don't use and that make things looks cluttered? Begin cleaning them out,
donate things you don't use and pack up extras you won't miss for the next
several months. (this also helps you get a jump start on packing)
- Most homes will benefit from an interior paint job. Since professionals are less buys during the winter months, you may be able to negotiate a better price if you have it done now. Consider neutral colors throughout the house, you don't buyers to remember the "orange bathroom" and nothing else about your home.
- Check doors and drawers to be sure they open and close smoothly and easily (and quietly).
- Check for leaky faucets, fix/repair or replace.
- Consider hiring a home inspector. This will uncover any potential problems with your home and give you time to do the repairs - you will have time to get bids and have the work completed without extra pressure and stress.
Additionally a pre-inspected home can be a marketing point when you do put your home on the market.
- Consult your real estate professional (that's me!) about any other items that will help you prepare your home for sale. Contact me this is one more way I help my clients sell their home quickly and at the best price possible.
Keller Williams ~ Carol Murphy Team