Week of March 6 – 12, 2013
Public Access Program Schedule
This week on ALC-TV, a new series, presented by the Avon Lake Cable Television Advisory Commission, Issues and Opinions, seeks to highlight important topics. In this episode, hosted by Carol Murphy, expert panelists: Dr. Silvia Rimm, Psychologist, Author, and Parenting Specialist; Robert Scott, Superintendent of the Avon Lake City Schools; and Paige Baublitz-Watkins, School Director of Menlo Park Academy; discuss the noteworthy and timely topic of bullying.
Cindy Earl, author of Claim Your Spotlight, talks with Traci about how to become an instant expert in your niche on Indelible Impression.
During Jan & Jean: On the Scene, Chris Moore, Baking and Pastry Instructor at Lorain County JVS, and Iain Szuch, Senior Baking Pastry Student, talk with Jan about their program, share some insights into chocolate, and show off a couple of student chocolate sculptures.
Barb and Andre visit the Stearns Homestead Fall Festival on Out & About.
A new series from Kent State University: Bravo! Kent State Arts. This program features segments on various events, and performances taking place on campus, as well as special guests with the College of the Arts. In this installment, Michael Rupert with Spring Awakening, Kevin Wolfgang, from the Tech Style Lab, and the Miami String Quartet are featured.
ALMU present The Water Series, this week’s show: Water Source Operations: Filtration. Learn about the second part of the most common method of removing turbidity from source water during drinking water treatment: filtration.
In this episode of Not Just a Walk in the Park, Gary Gerrone, Avon Lake Parks and Recreation Director, sits down with Bob Sammon, Musician and Host of Open Mic Night at the Old Firehouse, to discuss Bob’s musical career, the upcoming Open Mic Night, and Bob shows off some of his musical skills.
Also, it’s a visit to the Squeaky Sneakers program at the Old Firehouse.
The Avon Lake Job Growth Incentive Program Awards presentation, Mayor Greg Zilka, and Councilman-at-Large Dan Bucci made the presentation on Feb. 22.
- 12 a.m.; 8 a.m.; 4 p.m. Sunday Service of Lakeshore United Methodist Church
- 1 a.m.; 9 a.m.; 5 p.m. St. Joseph Catholic Church Sunday Mass
- 3 a.m.; 11 a.m.; 7 p.m. Indelible Impression with Traci McBride
- 4 a.m.; 12 p.m.; 8 p.m. Jan & Jean: On the Scene with Jan Van Wagner & Jean Sekulic
- 5:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 9:30 p.m. Out & About with Barb & Andre, the Video Storytellers
- 7 a.m.; 3 p.m.; 11 p.m. Bravo! Kent State Arts
- The Avon Lake United Church of Christ broadcasts its service live on Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. & 11 a.m.
Government Access Program Schedule
- 1 a.m./p.m.; 7 a.m./p.m. Avon Lake City Council Collective Committee Meeting – March 4, 2013
- 3:30 a.m./p.m.; 9:30 a.m./p.m. The Water Series presented by the Avon Lake Municipal Utilities
- 4 a.m./p.m.; 10 a.m./p.m. Issues and Opinions presented by the Avon Lake Cable Television Advisory Commission
- 5:30 a.m./p.m.; 11:30 a.m./p.m. Avon Lake Job Growth Incentive Program Awards Presentation
- 6 a.m./p.m.; Midnight./p.m. Not Just a Walk in the Park presented by the Avon Lake Parks and Recreation Department
Avon Lake Community Television is on the Web. Look for your favorite government & public access shows at Avonlake.Pegcentral.Com.
ALC-TV is a community based television station. Programming is generated by Avon Lake residents. If you would like to produce a program, it is necessary to schedule with us a minimum of two weeks in advance. If you have any questions or comments for us, call 440-933-7677
Avon Lake Community Television is now available on Time Warner Cable channels 12 and 97 and W.O.W. Cable channels 21 & 22.