Fall activities are at their peak. Check out these local events and add your own.
- Fall Kids Closet Resale This is the place for great buys on gently used infant, children and teen items. Items range from clothing, toys, games, maternity, furniture, strollers, swings, high chairs, etc. There is also a bake sale to keep you going while shopping with over 80 sellers. Cash sales only. Cost is $5 early bird (8 a.m. – 9 a.m..) and $2 from 9 a.m. – noon.
It’s clambake time!
- Fall is here and so are clambakes. Don’t miss Two Bucks’ annual clambake. This year’s clambake is being held in memory of Keeley Imel , who after years of fighting lost her battle to brain cancer on April 1, 2012. $20 ticket includes Clam Bake Dinner and Domestic Drafts. Details are here.
- The N.C.O.B.O.A. (North Central Ohio Building Officials Association) is hosting its annual clambake on Saturday, Oct. 13 starting at 4 p.m. (social hour starts at 2 p.m.) at the VFW Post 7035 in Avon. Cost is $30 with proceeds benefiting the groups scholarship fund. Unlimited Clam Chowder starting at 4 p.m.; dinner at 5 p.m. Details are here.
- Hallowoof Weekend Bring your dog in costume to Grateful Dog Bakery for a Halloween picture costume Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 from noon – 4 p.m. each day. For $8, get a 4X6 print and are entered into a contest. Winners will be announced 10/31/2012. Prizes will be given for the funniest, scariest and cutest costume. Proceeds from the pictures will benefit Fido’s Companion and Love-A- Stray. Details are here.
- Avon Lake UCC Fall Festival Gather at the church for a hay ride, games, raffles, pumpkin decorating, face painting and more from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. The youth pie-eating contest is at 3 p.m. The church is located at 32801 Electric Blvd, Avon Lake. This family-fun event is Sunday, Oct. 14. Details are here.
Want more? Check out all the events this weekend, and the rest of the month here. Add your own local event for free.