Did you know that you can use Avon Patch just like Facebook?
It's like having a local social media hub.
- Leave messages for other users: If you click on a user's name, it will bring up their profile page where you can "Leave a message for your neighbor" on the board. (It's the box located on the far right side of the page.)
- Share photos: Patch has a new feature: Your Neighborhood Gallery. When you click on the "Gallery" tab next to the Traffic & Gas tab, you have a virtual photo album to share your pictures.
- Join the conversation: Every post on the site allows users to comment. Feel like adding your two cents? It doesn't take long to type in your comment and hit submit.
- Write posts: Any Avon Patch reader can blog ... about anything! There is no obligation. If you're interested, email Local Editor Melissa Hebert. Check out all of the current blog posts here in the Local Voices section.
- Announce things: Getting married, having a baby, made the Dean's List, having a milestone anniversary? You can announce it to everyone instantly (and for free) by clicking here.
- Create events: Having a fundraiser, garage sale or any type of public event you want to share with everyone in Avon? Post it for free in our events listings!