.

House Catches Fire in Avon Lake

Woman at home when fire breaks out

Developing story

Police and firefighters are on the scene of a fire at a one-story home at 105 Lakewood Dr. in Avon Lake, in the 45s District. 

Neighbors said the home's resident told them that she was in the house sleeping when a space heater apparently started a fire at approximately 4:45 p.m. Nov. 12.

"She came over to my house and began banging on my door," one neighbor said.

Another neighbor, Rick Seitz said, he saw the smoke and called 9-1-1, as did several neighbors.

The woman told her neighborsh she was home alone with a cat when the fire broke out. Other family members arrived while firefighters put out the fire.

The fire department received mutual aid from Sheffield Lake as well as Avon and Bay Village.

At approximately 5:15 p.m. a woman who was waiting in the back of police car was taken by ambulance to St. John West Shore Hospital. Her condition could not be immediately obtained.

The house is on the corner of Lakewood and South Point drives.

Neither police nor the fire department have issued information on the fire or suspected cause. 

Check back later for additional details.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »