Reports are coming in of damage, flooding and road closures. Know information that needs to be shared? Add it to comments and add photos to the gallery.
In Avon, police said major parts of the city southeast of the city are flooded and roads are underwater. A sign at Riegelsberger and Jaycox has been posted warning of high water. Police submitted the following closures:
- Jaycox Road between Reserve Way and Schwartz Road
- Riegelsberger Road between Jaycox and Kensington Dr.
- Sait Maron between Jaycox and Doral
- Detroit Road between Avon Commons and Middleton Drive
- Stoney Ridge between Long Road and Harriman Trail
- Carleen Avenue at Oakwood
- Candlewood between Carleen and Oakwood
- Sandy Lane between Schwartz and Maple Ridge
In Avon Lake:
- Avon Lake Police Lt. Duane Streator said Walker Road between Jaycox and Legends Road remains closed after a tree feel yesterday afternoon.
- Also closed: Lake Road between Jaycox and Lear Road due to down live power wires.
- Per our facebook page, reader Kim Kramhoeller said Lake Road going east is closed after Bradley. Also, Lake Road before Cahoon is blocked off, trees covering both sides if road.
- Also by facebook, reader Katie Thomson said Detroit Road in front of Avon Commons is closed due to a downed wire.
- Reader Ken Bryan sent photos of Bonnieview Lane with trees down.
- Reader Janice Geyer said there is major flooding behind houses on Heron Bay in Avon Lake on the backside of Sweet Briar Golf Course.
Have an update? Flooding photos? Know of road closures, business closings (and opening?) Post it in comments or send an email to Lori.Switaj@patch.com and upload photos into our storm gallery.
Check our FB page for more information submitted by readers.