We here at Avon Lake Patch noticed that #5thingsyoucantdo was among the top posts trending today on Twitter. So, in honor of the trend, here are Avon Lake Patch's picks for five things you can't do in Avon Lake.
1. Shop to the north. It’s true, we took a look and did not find one business north of Avon Lake’s Lake Erie coastline. Some people say the “three-sided city” means less economic opportunities.
2. Stay dry in the “theater district.” With a plethora of drinking establishments on the north west end of town, thirsty travelers have a host of places to drink a cold beer on a hot night. We have Tailgators, , , and Cheers!
3. Let your cows and sheep run free. There’s a law against that. Avon Lake Ordinance 618.01 (a) specifically says, “No person who is the owner or keeper of horses, mules, cattle, sheep, goats, swine, dogs, geese or other fowl or animals shall permit them to run at large upon any public way or upon unenclosed land.
4. Get a bad public education. Once again, our high school was ranked in Newsweek’s poll of and the district named a best community for music education several times.
5. Drive faster than 35. Legally. Sure you drive 40, 50 and even 75 on the city’s roadways, but we can’t think of any street where doing so can’t land you a speeding ticket. Then you get to