The Lorain County JVS Open House is Sunday, Feb. 10, from 1:30 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
The JVS Open House is designed to provide students and parents with an in-depth look at career-technical programs in seven different career areas: Building Trades, Business/Marketing, Community Service/Healthcare, Culinary, Manufacturing/Pre-engineering, Transportation and College Tech-Prep.
Students regularly earn awards at regional and national levels for their work. Students attend the JVS through their local high school. The school maintains a student body from all over Lorain County.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Tour our campus and visit the career-technical labs and classrooms.
- Talk with teachers, current students and alumni about our programs and academic course offerings.
- Review our application process and apply for enrollment with the assistance of JVS staff members.
- View student demonstrations of industry-based equipment used daily in training labs.
- Investigate student opportunities to develop leadership skills through involvement in career-technical youth organizations.
- Learn about how the JVS Summer Internship Program can provide on-the-job training and school credit.
- Explore the options for earning college credit while attending the JVS.
- Learn about continuing education options after graduation including college, technical school, and apprenticeship training.
In addition, the JVS Adult Career Center staff will be on hand to register adult students for spring semester classes and talk with adults interested in changing careers or upgrading their skills.
Lorain County JVS is located at 15181 State Route 58 and 20 in Oberlin. For more information contact the JVS at 440-774-1051 (Elyria, Oberlin), 986-6601 (Lorain), firstname.lastname@example.org or at www.lcjvs.com.