Play ball! The Avon based are ready for the May 18 season opener at the 5,000-seat .
The stadium lights, one of which fell last winter, have been repaired and are operable. The team has been practicing since spring training started and the marketing department has announced the team’s first promotion.
The “We Win-You Win” promotion marks the first time the organization will host an opening day special.
If the Crushers can beat their opponents, the Schaumburg Boomers, every fan in attendance will be able to use their ticket as a voucher for another home game during the 2012 season. The vouchers will be good for any home box seat that is available for any remaining regular season game, except for the Fourth of July.
The event is one of only several planned for the Crushers, including:
- Fireworks every Friday Night.
- Every Thursday is Thirsty Thursday, with soft drinks and beers for $1.
- Pack the Park Pink Night is Aug. 10.
- Browns-Steelers Night and Ohio State-Michigan Night on July 28 and Aug. 24 respectively.
- Two Dog Days, one on May 20 and the other on Aug. 12
Closer to home, For each $9 ticket purchased, $3 goes back to Community Resource Services.