The second of three lakefront festivals, the Avon Lake Wine Festival, begins at 4 p.m. on Friday, July 13 at until dusk. Five local wineries and nine eateries will be serving during the festival that will include music.
Attendees can enjoy the sunset over Lake Erie while sampling wine from five local wineries, eating delicious food from Avon Lake's finest restaurants, strolling through a nautical art exhibit, and listening to smooth acoustic music.
The festival is being touted as "not child friendly."
Wine will be sold in 1 oz. sampler cups. Bottles will be available for purchase, unopened and must remain closed until after leaving the park.
will be hosting an art show during the festival. The theme for the show is water. Regional artists displaying work include Lois Toole (Chagrin Falls), Robert M. Moyer (Bay Village), Barb Swasey (Rocky River), Edward Beyer (Bay Village), Kenneth W. Smith (Elyria), Vicki Burns (Vermillion) and Rita Hannah (Avon Lake).
Wineries participating are:
Restaurants participating are:
- : California Roll Sushi, Spring Rolls, Fried Rice
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches and Shrimp Skewers.
- Bonjour Catering: Gourmet Crepes
- Steak and Shrimp Wraps
- Soft Drinks and Water
- : Cheese Plates
- Salmon Salad and Autumn Crunch Salad
- : Light Appetizer
- 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Around Acoustic (Eric Clapton, Eagles, Don Henley etc)
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. GNT (Smooth Jazz)
- 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. Paul Christensen (soft rock [he played with the Michael Stanley Band])