Bleser Park is one of the most active parks in Avon Lake. The sprawling twenty-three-acre grounds include tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, two baseball diamonds, a sledding hill, a skating pond, basketball courts, shuffleboard courts, two pavilions, grills, a concession stand and the Avon Lake Play Space (ALPS).
ALPS, a 12,000-square-foot playground, is a popular destination for parents and small children during fair weather.
The Park is a hub of activity in the summer. In 2010, the Ellen Trivonovich Aquatic Center was fully renovated into a $4.3 million water play land that includes a giant slide, a lazy river and splash pad. The pool averages 800 visitors a day in warm weather.
The Park is a winter destination when it snows, with children gathering at the north end to enjoy the sledding hill and the skating pond. Light Up the Park, the annual Christmas festival, is held at Bleser Park in early December.
- Hours: Daily, dawn - dusk; pool hours vary; see the City's website for details
- Handicap Accessible: Ground is flat
- Membership info: See city website for rates
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds, Skating rink
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Area: 23 acres
- Features: Fountain, Jungle gym, Shuffleboard, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables