Erieview Elementary School
440-933-6282; attendance, 440-930-8293
Erieview Elementary School is one of four elementary schools in Avon Lake that feeds into Troy Intermediate School. Erieview was a pilot school for ActivBoards and was one of seven schools in the world to receive the Torchlight Award from Promothean, the company that sells ActivBoards. Major renovations to the school began in 2010, and include additional classrooms, an expanded cafeteria and an upgraded playground area. Carl Bosworth is the principal.
- Fax: 440-933-6381
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:45am - 3:15pm. AM kindergarten: 8:45am - 11:30am. PM kindergarten: 12:30pm - 3:15pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped restrooms and ramps at the location
- Founding Date: 1950
- Number of students: 304
- Male-to-female ratio: About 50-50
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Ceiling is 22 - 1 for K - 2 and 25 -1 for grades 3 ,4. Both are currently under the ceiling.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: About 45, including ancillary
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students make donations to CRS, collect hats and mittens, hold a food drive before Thanksgiving and have participated in CRS auction activities. CRS, in turn, assists students and their families in need, providing school supplies.
- What makes this community special?: "People care"
- Grade levels: K-4
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Healty Kids, Kids in the Community, Choir, Safety Patrol