Jeff Ellis' International Karate Center
For over 35 years, Jeff Ellis' International Karate Center in Avon Lake has been specializing in martial arts programs for boys and girls. The program is designed to build a strong level of confidence, improve discipline and gain an uplifting sense of respect for self and others. Classes are designed according to age and maturity level. The traditional "Kwanmukan," or Realization of the Essential, approach to martial arts instruction is taught and includes a well-rounded selection of Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Aiki Jujitsu, Judo, Aikido, Kobudo and Tai Chi classes. All classes are taught by trained instructors. Special packages are available for birthday parties.
- Hours: Mon, 6pm - 9pm; Tue, 5:30pm - 8pm; Wed, 6pm - 8pm; Thu, 6pm - 9:30pm; Sat, 9am - noon; Fri, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramped curb with two handicapped parking spaces in rear parking lot
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Number of instructors: 10
- Type: Aikido, Judo, Karate, Kickboxing, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Self-confidence is a quality that every child should have and confidence helps children with better decision making as they get older. Also, it gives a child the strength to stand up for themselves or avoid unhealthy peer pressure.