Learwood Middle School
Learwood Middle School enrolls students in seventh and eighth grades. In 2008, the school was named a "No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon School."
Learwood boasts a healthy music, academic and sports curriculum, with most students moving on to Avon Lake High School. The school is very involved in the community, and students take an active part in volunteering at various venues in the city.
The school maintains a sizable campus on Lear Road that includes several soccer fields that are used for tournaments. Learwood's principal is Jane Ramsay. Brad Cocco is the assistant principal.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking spaces, ramp, bathrooms
- Founding Date: 1958
- Number of students: 577
- Male-to-female ratio: 47 - 53
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: All teachers are licensed teachers in Ohio.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 60, 42
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We do fundraising, donations to CRS, Veterans Day ceremony, parades, leaf raking, collecting blankets for veterans, concerts
- What makes this community special?: Entire community involvement, parents support teachers
- Grade levels: Seventh, eighth
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, chorale, student council
- Student clubs: Math club, Power of the Pen, Spelling Bee, Jazz band
- Sports teams: Cross country, basketball, swimming and diving, track and field, wrestling, volleyball, football, softball, golf, bowling, weight lifting