St. Joseph School
One of the largest Catholic schools in the area, St. Joseph School expanded in the late 1990s to accommodate the demand for an increased number of students.
The school's mission statement says it "models itself on the mission of Jesus Christ, striving to form compassionate young people who excel as Catholic Christians." The school focuses on spirituality, academics and extra-curricular activities to "create disciples who are the hands, voice and heart of Christ."
The school maintains smaller classrooms, with an average class size of 22 students. More than 80 percent of the school's junior high students participate in an accelerated math program and the school's Power of the Pen team regularly wins accolades at the local, regional and state levels of the competition.
In addition to its focus on religion, the school is known for solid academic achievement. St. Joseph School is wireless and each class has an ActivBoard.
Tuition is based on whether students and their families are parishioners and the number of children per family enrolled in the school. Contact the school for tuition information. Patricia Vaccaro is the principal of St. Joseph.
- Fax: 440-933-2463
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Restrooms
- Founding Date: 1950
- Number of students: 330
- Male-to-female ratio: 50 - 50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: The school is accredited by the state of Ohio. All faculty members hold the appropriate teaching license as required by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 14
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very active within the community and regularly helps support charities and missions.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Power of the Pen, Christ 4 Others Service Club, Drama Club, altar servers, Vikings After School Enrichment Club, ABC Kindergarten Enrichment Program
- Sports teams: Grades 4 - 8: Girls and boys basketball, cheerleading, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls track, girls volleyball, baseball, sofball. Grades 3 - 4: Flag football. Grades 5 - 8: Football
- Uniforms: Yes