Troy Intermediate School
Troy Intermediate serves as Avon Lake's public school for students in fifth and sixth grades. It receives students from four elementary schools in the city and prepares them to move on to Learwood Middle School. The school maintains a number of intramural sports and student clubs. Active in Avon Lake, the school strives to have students involved in the community through food drives and visits with the elderly. Kelli Cogan is the school's principal.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:25pm
- Founding Date: 1995
- Number of students: 586
- Male-to-female ratio: 52-48
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: All teachers are licensed in the State of Ohio.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24-to-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 52
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school holds a senior citizens' luncheon twice a year, and sixth-graders host a senior prom where students invite grandparents or an older person do a dance.
- What makes this community special?: "It's a close knit community and people choose avon lake for community and schools," Principal Kelly Cogan said. "Parents are committed, and we have an active PTA. It's an all-around good community and school district."
- Grade levels: 5-6
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Intramural dodge ball, kick ball, running club, running club
- Student clubs: Art club, service club, student council, cornhole