Tea Party Members: Are they Good Christians?
Reader asks, "Is that what Jesus would do?"
This past week a letter to the editor from a Tea Party member who wants us to believe that a seventy year old man who shoved a bottle down a protestors throat at a Republican Rally was staged. The photo did not show that.
- White at least 55 years old
- Ultra Conservative
- Evangelical Christian
- Fairly wealthy
Per an interview with a Tea Party person last year in the state of Indiana and what they stand for:
- Against all religions except Christian
- Against all labor unions
- Against gays and lesbians
- Against all government social programs (for women-children-elderly)
- Against Planned Parenthood
- Against having their members in Congress doing any kind of reaching out to work with Democrats
Repulican members of House (Tea Party) voted last week to cut $16 billion from the food stamp program. That would eliminate benefits for at least 2 million people and cut more than 200,000 kids from the free-lunch program. It would not cut farm subsidies.
By all of the above they claim to be good Christians is that what Jesus would do?