We asked for your comments on our Facebook page on how to control the deer problem and you responded. Here's what we've learned so far: You're smart and funny. Comments ranged from the serious (products that do/don't work) to the not so serious ("I invite the ex over…").
Have a suggestion that works? Know a product that's a total waste of money? Share it in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Here's what you suggested:
- My sister bought me a product called Green Screen by Envirodyne, Inc. it is Deer and Rabbit Repellent that comes in little fabric bags you hang near items you would like to protect.....works like a charm and the best part it lasts all season....no smell!!!
- I'm sure a shotgun would do the trick
- I just invite my exwife over...
- I used deerskid also. not only did it keep the deer away, it (kept) everyone else away also. it does work though. my mom swears by irish spring soap. she shaves it onto her plants and areas that she does not want the deer.
- Equal parts eggs and the cheapest mouthwash you can find, mix them in a blender and put into a spray bottle. Once you spray it onto the plants, it hardens and the scent and film keeps the deer away. It is not bad smelling to humans. It stays on during a few rains. We have used it for years and it works.
- We've tried it all- the soap, the egg mixture, blood/bone meal. Seems like nothing works consistently for very long. If the deer are hungry enough, nothing will stop them. Right now we're using wolf urine - bought online. I've heard that motion activated sprinklers work well too. Just be sure to put them on a timer and warn anyone who might visit during your 'on' time:)
- Dryer sheets.