If you’re looking for some unique presents for your family and friends this holiday season, local craft shows and holiday bazaars are a good place to start. Here are the details on some of the shows in the area this weekend:
- In Avon Lake, don't miss Christmas by the Lake Craft Show. Handmade/homemade crafts, including bakery items, cookies and candies; jewelry; clothing; and holiday crafts and decorations. The $3 admission benefits ALHS students.
- Bella Toccare de Spa and Salon is hosting a customer appreciation event on Friday and Saturday. According to the event post, there will be complimentary mini-services and style and trunk shows.
- The Geauga Humane Society is hosting its annual art show this weekend in Woodmere. According to this event post, the Art from the Heart show will include a party with an art sale and an artist raffle on Friday night, with the sale continuing on Saturday.
- The Woodridge Service Organization’s 36thAnnual Arts & Craft Show will be held on Saturday at Woodridge High School in Peninsula. According to the district website, the show features handmade arts and crafts, as well as student artwork. Admission is $1.
- The 2012 ArtCraft Holiday Show will take place on Saturday and Sunday at the ArtCraft Building in Cleveland. According to the event’s Facebook page, the show features work from more than 50 local artists.
- There will be an Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show on Sunday at The Tangier in Akron. The show will feature more than 100 juried artists and crafters. Check out this blog post on Fairlawn-Bath Patch for more details.
If you know of any other shows this weekend, add them in the comments! And if you're hosting or attending an upcoming craft show, add it to our free event calendar.
The Plain Dealer has more craft shows for this weekend and beyond on its website.