To the Editor:
If this (Avon Lake School) levy passes, 40 percent of all seniors living in their homes will find it impossible to pay the extra dollar amount on their property tax.
At least 40 percent or more of seniors have lived in Avon Lake at least 30 years and have supported levies up to this point.
1) Cut programs, cut salaries for all administrative staff; cut busing
* Cut 2 sport programs: It costs the swim team $7,426.00 to rent an indoor pool.
* It costs the hockey team $7,697.00 to rent ice time.
2) Cut the following salaries:
High School Principal $116,125
Eliminate two Asst. principals for H.S.
1. $83,635.00-Asst. principal
2. $76,792.00-Asst. principal
3) Learwood Principal $111,374.00
Learwood Asst. Principal $88,196
Troy Principal $93,650.00
Eastview Principal $93,851.00
Redwood Principal $89,875.00
Erieview Principal $85,103.00
Westview Principal $93,851.00
Athletic Director $102,169.00
Administrative Asst. $56,853.00
Transportation Supervisor $60,526.00
All of the above salaries come to a total of: $1,354,685.00
Cut all of the above 10 percent - Since teachers are not taking raises, then the above need to cut their wages.