Here's 5 things you need to know this week.
- Are you a fan of Cleveland? Did you know Cleveland was named one of the Top 15 for growth by Forbes magazine this week? Realtor Carol Murphy has more.
- The red hot Crushers will be playing in Normal (really), Ill. Midweek, but will be back in town on Friday to take on the Schaumburg Boomers at 7:05 p.m.
- The Avon Lake Fire Department and Avon Lake Municipal Utilities are continuing their annual safety inspection of the city's fire until September 30. Residents' water may become discolored during the inspection, but should clear up after 3-5 minutes of running it. (If water does not clear in that time, call ALMU 24/7 at 440-933-6226). Residents should use only clear water when laundering clothes. To find out when crews will be in your area, call the Avon Lake Fire Department at 440-933-8305.
- Want to help plan the celebration for Avon’s 200th birthday? The next meeting for the City of Avon’s Bicentennial will be Tuesday, Aug. 20. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Avon Isle (36080 Detroit Rd). Please call the Avon Parks & Recreation office at 937-6106 with questions.
- Avon’s bicentennial committee is looking for historical photos of Avon that will be featured in a special Bicentennial Calendar. “We understand the sentimental value and will treat them with care,” a committee member said. All photos will be returned within a week.